On his last visit to the Cape Coast Apostle area for the year 2016, Apostle Samuel Oppong-Brenya conducted a divine service at Assin Fosu in the Central Region of Ghana. He used Exodus 20:15 as the basis of his sermon, “Thou shalt not steal.” The Apostle explained that after the fall of man, it is natural that every man should work and feed himself. “Let him that stole, steal no more, but rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needed.” Ephesians 4:28The Apostle narrated various kinds of stealing which is displeasing in the sight of God* Defrauding a neighbor and robbing him of his wages. Leviticus 19:13, Deut. 24:14-15
- - Oppression of the widow and the fatherless Malachi 3:5
- - Dishonest gain Ezekiel 22:13
- - Sharing of blood and destruction of souls for money Ezekiel 22:27
- - Corruption in high places Isaiah 1:23
- - Misuse of the gospel for material gains Matthew 23:14
The Apostle said thieves cannot inherit the kingdom of God, quoting 1 Cor 6:10
Five hundred and forty four brothers and sisters as well as guests attended the divine service. Thirty five guests were sealed. Accompanying Apostle Oppong-Brenya was Bishop Kyere who assists Apostle Ashie- Kotei to care for the area.